Trusty iP4000 fried? Electrical problem?

SMHamilton

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Recently started getting striped prints in color printing. Text fine. After replacing third party cartridges with OEM, tried several head cleaning routines, the last being panos' Windex wetted tissue pad with drops of Windex on the pickup discs. No luck, nozzle check always the same. Electrical problem? This occurred once before and I cleaned the head, replaced third party cartridges and it worked fine for months. Not this time.

Darn, new members can't post images.
Well, my nozzle check has each color with one or two color lines - the top line of cyan and magenta alternating color/white/color/white/color/white/color. Yellow and 6BK (single line) also have alternating stripes.

Any help appreciated. I've learned an immense amount here but am stumped.

Thanks, Mike

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Mike
I am sorry to hear about the demise of your print head,
the description you give sounds like it has burned out nozzles but without evidence it is really hard to tell.

Sent me your nozzle print by way of Email and Ill post it for you and that way youll get many an expert answer,
in the mean time you could look up and see if a replacement is still available (QY6-0049-000).

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
OK here is SMHamiltons nozzle check for all to see,
but it is not what we would have wanted to see.

5128_hamilton.jpg

The print head is clearly fried (Electrical problem) and a new one would be the only good answer if he can get one.
Any idea where he can get a hold of one (QY6-0049-000). ?

SMHamilton

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
These nozzle check images might make a good FAQ addition, when they are this obvious anyway. Thanks for posting the photo Mr. Hat!