Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Simon R. said:
The Hat said:
Simon R said:
Canon PIXMA Pro 9500? Is there a CISS for it?
There are CISS systems (All dye) out there for the 9500 but youd want to be crazy to even consider using one on the printer..:(
Why is that?
One... The printer uses all pigment inks so why would anyone want spoil a very good printer by using dye ink in it.

Two... CISS tubing for all ten cartridges would be flopping about inside guaranteeing a big mess sooner rather than later,
especially the unique way the print head agitates on this printer.

Three... It would be far cheaper and easier to run the printer on OEM cartridges and refill at your own convenience.

CISS systems should only be installed if there is a genuine need for one (Like High Volume)
but certainly not for just the occasional user..

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
websnail said:
barfl2 said:
Bet there will not be any such bargains in the UK. I expect Rodbam in Aus. has to pay pretty high for Canon products.

I suppose the USA is such a huge market for them that Canon can afford these clearance sales.
For what it's worth there appear to be quite a few Pro 9500's going on eBay, etc... as barely used and at prices around the 180 - 250 mark. Definitely worth getting a feel for the seller, market, etc... before jumping in, but having gone this route myself and snapping up a good unit it's worth considering.

Oh and Canon have a 100 cashback offer open until end of the month (October 2012 - for Pro 9500 only)..
I had a look but only saw a pro9500 refurb from the States $349 plus about 50 carr. New Mk11 352.60 but no doubt others will come on the market.

Thanks for the marvellous service from Octoink/Royal Mail. it was posted almost immediately arrived 9.30am this morning. I bought an Camera SDHC card on the 28/10/2012 from a E-bay trader still not turned up.

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Yes Barfl2 the Pro9500 down here has just been reduced to a crazy low price of $699 but it does include $300 worth of Canon A3 papers. My missus made me buy one:)