Told off by printer for unplugging it while it was on

Fish323

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1290 Canon Pro 10s
I did my first refill on my Canon Pro 10s. It was easy. I used the drip fill method to save time rather than the rapid syringe method as I didn't have 10 syringes and modified covers. My guess it it took me about 1minute to drip fill each cart. As I was doing the second the carousel moved back, so I reset it to the center and then unplugged the printer to stop it doing it again.
After the process was complete I got a message telling me not to unplug the printer without switching it off. Will doing this cause any problems in future? I am not going to buy a spare set of cartridges and as fas as I am aware if I do each cartridge separately it will waste ink.
Thanks for any advice.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I did my first refill on my Canon Pro 10s. It was easy. I used the drip fill method to save time rather than the rapid syringe method as I didn't have 10 syringes and modified covers. My guess it it took me about 1minute to drip fill each cart. As I was doing the second the carousel moved back, so I reset it to the center and then unplugged the printer to stop it doing it again.
After the process was complete I got a message telling me not to unplug the printer without switching it off. Will doing this cause any problems in future? I am not going to buy a spare set of cartridges and as fas as I am aware if I do each cartridge separately it will waste ink.
Thanks for any advice.
Congrats with the first refill.

You always can center the printhead (carousel in your words) by closing/opening the lid, so no need to switch off the printer.
Most Canon printers warn against shutting off without a parked printhead since it is not protected against ink draining and dry out.

Happy new year!

Fish323

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1290 Canon Pro 10s
Thanks for that advice. I will just keep opening and closing the lid next the to stop it from hiding on me.
Happy New Year to you too.