Tired Of the New Internet

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The internet is going to create its own self destruction.
Too many features from everybody supposedly to make things dumbproof and easy. These same features are now like sieves that allow hacking and all kinds of doors. making it necessary to make all kinds of programs and checks etc. ..and passwords you can't remember.
If the developed would just STOP making adding "Neat" stuff and make it so that it is really easy to use and not leaky then things would be better.

All these features and easy cool stuff are exactly the entry points to no good apps for bad things.

Next thing is they need to cut the fingers off known hackers. Yeah, cruel but effective they make life miserable for everyone.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I installed a password program today and did not pay close attention to everything on the installation screen and ended up installing a small app add-on from the web site that looks for new shareware automatically. Fortunately the web site is on the up and up and removing the unwanted dropping was simple. But, my carelessness is an example of just how easy it can be to install or let in an undesirable.

Smart phones and wireless devices, including the dish washer my brother has, are all points of ingress to our systems for the malicious hacker if desired and motivated. The release of stolen NSA hacking tools and the recent KRACK hack are no good news for the planet.

All of this will become moot if EMP bombs explode, nasty buggers, taking us back to good old days of disease, pestilence and hunger. So cheer up. It could get worse! :sick