Tiny Bubbles?

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
While following this topic:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1254

I printed out a CD (Canon IP5000) and seen that it had no yellow in the graphic.
Pulled the cart (a third party, not Hobbicolor) and noted that the reservoir was 75% full.
Held it over the sink, squeezed gently, but no ink appeared at the outlet.Pulled the tape back from the vent, checked it with a pin to verify it was breathing then opened up the fill hole.The ink started flowing.

Does this mean it was plugged with bubbles?It has been refilled a few time before without any issues.I had given it the 'squeeze and release' test just before putting it in the printer (yesterday).
I hooked it up to a tube and forced water through the outlet, while the water came clear after a few seconds, the sponge still appears orange/yellow.This isn't what I expected inasmuch as in the last time I tried this procedure (a cyan) the sponge turned whitish after a few seconds.
Perhaps a peculiarity of yellow saturated sponges?

Any comments/theories welcome.

cartszx8.jpg

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
If the ink flows when you opened the fill hole the cartridge is not likely faulty. You probably have a clog in the print head. It may not be in the yellow nozzles. It's in between the nozzles and the ink entrance where there is a round fine mesh on the top. A safer than soaking in water cleaning technique I use is to make a 2 inch by 1 inch stack of soft paper tissue (by folding one sheet of cleanx). pour some water to make it partially wet but not too watery. then let the print head sit on it. Then use a syringe to pour water from the ink entrance. The paper tissue stack at the bottom will suck the ink out of the print head from beneath. The water pouring from the top flushes the internal. If the clog isn't there for too long this will clear it in seconds.