Time to start using my 3D printers More..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
When I get around to upgrading my hot end and radiator so I can use the Flexi filament I'm going to try out these new rubber feet under the hot bed at the same time.

They will replace the springs that are normally used to hold and level the bed, but these rubber feet will hold the bed that bit stedier and firmer and reduce the hot bed wobble when printing taller projects.

Will they work ?.. who knows but I’m willing to give them a go and it will be interesting to see how they preform, I only have been using the 3D printer for a few bits for the house this past few weeks, but intend printing more when I’ve sorted out my inkjet printers issues.

hot end.JPG springs.JPG springs.2JPG.JPG

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
If those blue spacers are fairly stiff and can take the heat of the bed then they should work, however if you can find some made from Peek plastic then they are ideal. Stiff material and heat resistant to around 150C. They are available for some of the more expensive commercial printers but hard to find.

You may find it harder to get the bed level to the gantry using solid spacers.

But knowing you Mr @The Hat I'm sure you will make it work :)

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I've been hearing LOTS of great reviews on the silicone spacers to replace the springs. I had already ordered the yellow beefier springs and am pretty happy with them on my CR-10 and seem to do great on my Ender-3 (seems I never really need to level the bed after I get it dialed in).

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
If they are good quality silicone then they should be a good solution as the CR10 heated bed has a temp maximum that should not cause any issues to the spacers. Spacers have one disadvantages compared to springs, they take no prisoners! If you have a nozzle crash it will be against a solid surface. In the early days of using my Voron I crashed the gantry on the bed that is supported by metal spacers, it bent the extrusion and didn't do the hotend any good!

From that I learned it is not a good idea to mix up relative distance moves with absolute when adding code :he

Latest posts