Time For A 3D Printer Upgrade?!?! Keep, Upgrade, Something else?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
So cheap at $160 for what is basically and Ender 3 V2!
I pick up a little Kingroon 24Volt Kp3 with the 8x8x10 sized bed for a bargain at about €120, and am very satisfied with its performance, because not all my prints are large and this fits the bill for most smaller sized projects..

Besides I’m a confirmed 3Daholic and its great to see the 3 printers all running at the same time, its music to my ears..:ya

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
You need one of these

Lelopes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IX6810
I was aware that it was the CR-10 you were referring too, but changing any mother board can be very easy or a huge curse, that’s why I avoid changing the motherboard at all costs, everything else on the printer is fair game..

P.S. Feckin with the Firmware can be very dodgy, and there are no guarantees it will work..:hu
Changing the motherboard is adding a whole new learning curve to your life.
I needed to figure out every pin I was using for this same board since my printer is custom built.
But... And that may be a big but... In his particular case, BTT provides firmwares already customized for the ender 3 and the CR-10. They even went one step further and compiled the Klipper firmware too. While searching for the things I needed (and it really wasn't easy as you pointed out) , I saw some really "smart as a drunk monkey" guys replacing it without a problem . BTT designed and provide support for this board as a direct replacement for creality's ender3.
If you aren't familiar with boards and firmwares but wants a upgrade for silent drivers... This actually maye be the board for you.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Can't get much easier than that, especially if they have even provided a Klipper firmware to suit the printer. I'd be tempted to get one of those if I was printing a lot as I have a CR10 gathering dust since my Voron was built. After seeing how good the Klipper firmware is and how it can be tweaked for print quality I would never go back to Marlin.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Can't get much easier than that, especially if they have even provided a Klipper firmware to suit the printer.
I’m happy to stick with Marlin fishing, because I don’t have the appetite to install the MICHELIN Klipper firmware.. If it can go wrong !.. and if it ain’t broke..

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
It you were in a situation where you needed a new board then the BTT with Klipper would be a good choice, however you are running OK with the current board so stay with it.

Latest posts