Thoughts on Pro 300?

Haveit19

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 10
Hi there!

I'm on my second Pro-10 and just received the dreaded B200 error for the second time. I've tried everything; my printer head is stuck in the right side of the machine and it's not moving no matter what I do so at this point I'm in the market for a new printer.

Being that this is my second machine that has has the B200 error, I'm weary of purchasing the new Canon Pro 300, as I don't want this to happen again, especially if I pay $800+. Both of my Pro 10's I bought on eBay for 300; so I'm also debating trying to do that again if a B200 error is something I'd need to worry about on the Pro 300.

Does anyone know if that error is less common on these new machines?

Also as a sidenote, I'm buying this machine to print on canvas; specifically the Hahnemühle Daguerre Canvas
(https://www.hahnemuehle.com/en/digital-fineart/fineart-media/canvas-fineart/p/Product/show/6/30.html)

Can anyone confirm that this printer will print on this surface? They have an ICC profile for it so I assume so.

Thank you!

Last edited:

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Compared to it's ancestors the PRO-9500 and 9500 II, the PRO-10 printheads live much longer.
I also buy used printers, but this implies you take a printhead replacement (and waste counter reset/printer potty) into account.
After that the life should be theoretically unlimited.

The printhead getting stuck after a B200 seems to be a nasty complication though...
Seems you have to remove the cover to have access to the lock.

Since I refill I am also not interested in the PRO-300 at all.
The printhead is the same, so I see no reason it would not get B200. All Canon printheads wear due to the heating technology.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I'm on my second Pro-10 and just received the dreaded B200 error for the second time.
I also have a dead Pro 10 on my hands, but it had another error entirely other than the B200, it was caused by my own ignorance, stupidity, and lack of understanding of the machine, it didn’t fail me, I failed it. Just because I didn’t have the patience to work with the printer..:hu