Tetenal HW Semi Matte & Photo Glossy versus Hobbicolor: ICC-profile

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Could someone tell me if there is a ICC-profile for Tetenal HW Semie Matte & Photo Glossy paper to be used with Hobbicolor ink on a Canon I9950 A3+ printer ? I would like to have neutral prints that match the colours on my screen more closely.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks for the tip: but I already Tetenal's ICC profiles for their papers, but those are only for the original Canon ink. But I find the colours created with those profiles installed with Hobbicolor ink not satisfying. And to try every bit visually with arbitrary setting will be bit costly, considering the amount of expensive paper I already have thrown away and still haven't have a satisfying profile.

I will try a local profiling service here in Belgium, who only charges 5,- per printer profile to be created. I will give this service a try and will see what the results will be.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
pharmacist said:
I will try a local profiling service here in Belgium, who only charges 5,- per printer profile to be created. I will give this service a try and will see what the results will be.
That is very inexpensive for a custom ICC printer profile.

Nice.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Finally I received my Hobbicolors UW-8 profiles. And I'm very happy with the results: after proofing is set on the paper to be printed the colours of the print match those on the (calibrated) screen exceptionally well. However one type of paper for which I ordered a profile gives a rather unsatisfactory result and there is a terrible magenta cast over the prints: I will ask for a refund for this profile, the other 3 are very good indeed and also very cheap !!! For those living in the Eurozone: this guy in Belgium accepts IBAN-payments only.

For those interested: you may ask me for a copy of the following profiles for the Canon i9950 using UW-8 Hobbicolors ink

-Aldi Netbit 270 g/m2 High Glossy photopaper
-Tetenal High Glossy photopaper 272 g/m2
-Tetenal Semi Matte photopaper 240 g/m2

In return please send me a profile for the combination Canon i9950/UW-8 Hobbicolors ink for the paper you are using if possible.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I tested my Aldi Netbit 270 g/m2 Hobbicolors UW-8 profile with Sihl photopaper and it looks it works very well with it (near perfect !). So you can use it for the Sihl high glossy photopaper (240 gsm and 280 gsm) as well !!!

Arie

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I'd very much appreciate if I could have a copy of your ICC profiles for the Canon i9950 with Hobbicolors ink. I just ordered this ink. Unfortunately, I don't have any other profiles to give in return. In dutch: zou ik desondanks alsjeblieft een kopie mogen? Mijn email is arie.vanderbent gevolgd door apestaartje xs4all.nl. Dank, Arie.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Arie,

please send me a private message which of the profiles you are interested in.