Teaching Tech - Youtube Channel & Printer Calibration Troubleshooting

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I've posted about this guy a few times, but wanted to make sure I had all the correct searchable words in the title so I could find it easy later :)

Teaching Tech is one of my FAVORITE channels for 3D printing:
https://www.youtube.com/c/TeachingTech/videos

I've been especially impressed with his open-source free Printer Calibration Site:
https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html

It makes dialing-in a 3D printer's MANY settings so much easier!

For example the temp tower tab made this process MUCH easier than all the other ways I tried to do it.

He's got great videos on each tab explaining how / what to do.

Here's a video explaining this great tool:

Last edited:

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
He is well respected in the printing world for making the guides easy to understand. When I first started printing I never bother to calibrate the Extruder E steps, but it can make a lot of difference to the prints. Sometimes they come very close to the optimum figure and sometimes they are quite a bit out.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
It makes dialing-in a 3D printer's MANY settings so much easier!
I don’t know, but I must be an odd bod, because I don’t bother with any of these special fancy select settings, from day one I used the printers as they come out of the box, later on, I did add little extras to make things a little handier. (From Observation)

Like inkjet printing I wait to see what I get first and then adjust things on the fly, I never use profiles or alter the Gcode in any way, I’m more of what you see is what you get, because if it’s complicated then I don’t go there, Firmware ?... I don’t interfere..

Maybe I’ve been lucky and the few printers I’ve got just worked satisfactory from the get go, but I don’t go looking for trouble that can’t be resolved while the printer is running, I’m all for an easy life and don’t believe in making things any harder..

I set the nozzle temp and the bed temp, watch the filament come out and if necessary adjust the bed height as the print begins, if it messes up, then I just restart the print again after adjusting the bed settings. If the bed height is correct then your print will stay stuck down..

I’m still using the original CURA – 15.04.6 that came with my first printer and find that has worked quite adequately for one simple reason, there are very few setting in it, so far less things to go wrong, unlike all the other modern Slicers. I wouldn’t know where to begin..

So far my 3D experience has been a happy one and couldn’t be more enjoyable, I want to continue that way, while trying a few new ideas along the way, I’ll only do that on one printer at a time because I always want to be sure I can still print when necessary.

The 3D printer has a huge advantage over inkjets, day or night hot or cold you can crank up a 3D printer with little issues, whether they've been left idle for weeks on end or not, it doesn’t matter, they’re response is almost instant..

That’s why I like them, they’ll work with any idiot..