Take a part disassemble Canon PIXMA iP100 / iP110

Anthony DeGidio

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip-100
Hello and thanks in advance. I used to own a computer store then went to law school. Got sick from a drug interaction now I'm disabled so fixing my own printer is not a luxury but necessity.

I bought this cool little printer (Canon PIXMA iP100) way back in about 2005 before I got sick. Used it on one business trip and it worked fine. Now I need it again and it jams every sheet. All I could find online so far is that they suck up everything and these little things get inside and cause the jam. that's my guess.
But what could happen to it while stored for 10 or so years that causes it to jam 100% of time. I want to take it apart but a few screws removed shows me I better get help. Repair manuals are 15 bucks and I can't even afford one but I did put new ink cart in it.

It starts to feed the paper,goes about 25% and then jams. Paper rotates clockwise a small amount but I cannot believe it is the rollers.

Any thoughts would help but I really need to get it apart so dis-assembly instructions would probably be the best. i think ts almost identical to bj70 and bj80.

Thank you,
Tony

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I found some manuals for free. I hope they will be useful.

You find a zipped file with the service manual and parts catalog here. Finding the download link on the page was a little difficult, so here is an image, click to enlarge:

maisiemanuals.jpg

Here is a more detailed parts catalog. And here is a technical reference with more info. These two links sadly only works sporadically and they are slow to respond, so if you get a time out error, try again later or another day.

I don't know this printer, but I think some paper scrap or other foreign object could cause the jam.

Anthony DeGidio

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip-100
Wow thanks much. Will update when Learn more. Hoping its a mechanical jam because I cant think of anything else that would cause a 100% jam after just sitting.
Thanks...T