Suggestions for r220 replacement?

r220MaN

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Well i suffered the notorious print clogging issue with my epson r220 it initially started with the clog of the cyan only. I had cleaning solution lying around and decided to try and unclog it using swabs paper towel etc and in result i get cyan back but loose all the other colors. ridiculous. And nothing seems to work to get them back. I am not even sure how the head even looks like, its nearly impossible to take it apart for better observation/cleaning and online research turns almost nothing useful on issues with such printer, but from it i found out the print head appears to be just nozzles for each cartridge. I really think it is clogged within the nozzle making it impossible to clean without special methods. I actually tried to take apart the cartridge container but gave up really fast as i realied how intricate it is to remove it from that cylinder and the annoying ribbon all within that crammed space. When i put back what i had removed (just screws from the exterior of the cart container) and then did a nozzle check i kept getting errors of not recognizing the cartridges or the error of something in the way of the printers mechanisms even though i barely removed anything.

So at this point i dont know if it can be restored, if it can i welcome any advice.

Assuming that its the end of my 3 yr old printer i am wondering what would be a good replacement? i dont want to go over $100.

thanks in advance

david1965

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
you still have a a way to rescue your print heads, try google it.
if nothing works, you can get a good deal on Epson Artisan 50.

r220MaN

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Is the white ribbon in this printer used to read the cartridge status? Because while I was taking it apart i forgot to mention i tugged off the cartridge container end of the white ribbon. I got the mechanisms to work again but now the cartridges won't be read anymore