Suggestions for laser printer...

CDT1969

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Envy 5530
Hi all,

My son and I are going to print our own comics. Mostly black and white, but color books, as well. Ink jet is costly per page and there's a lot of bleed through. A Staples clerk said we need a laser printer with a high resolution. I was hoping for some suggestions from the knowledgable community here. What we need in detail: 11x17 capabilities, card stock capable, duplex, high print resolution. We understand there is a lack in color quality/vibrancy, compared to inkjet, but we're ok with some diminishment on that front for some gains in other areas (lower print cost, less bleed through, etc.)

Thanks for the help.

Curtis

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
My son and I are going to print our own comics.
O’ Curtis, you have been slightly mislead by Staples, firstly a Digital colour laser has excellent quality compatible to inkjets but they are costly beasts, they start at about 4 grand, and with ink costs higher than inkjets, but the good news is they will fit with all your printing requirements.

If you still want/need to print your own comics, then a good A3 Canon Pro 100 will do the job and keep the costs down, but you must take the route of refilling with 3rd party inks, because that’s the only way to keep your costs under control.

The other option would be to do all the make up on computer and then send the file to a local print shop to print it for you, and it will come back to you ready for distribution..

P.S. Even an A3 mono laser with duplex will still be pricey but you can run that on 3rd party toner too..

P P.S. do many people read comics anymore ?

Latest posts