Storing partly used carts ???

Fish Chris

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Okay, I got my Canon iP6000D this morning, and just finished setting it up. First test print right out of the gate is just gorgeous. Geeez, did I ever need that "printing fix" in a bad way ! :)

I thought about using the partly used G&G carts out of my i960.... but then I thought, "That just wouldn't feel right"..... plus, if I did have a problem, I would not want to think that it might be my non-factory carts. So I set the partly used G&G's aside.

So now the new printer is working great, but I have these G&G's sitting here. My thoughts are, to put each one in a seperate lunch baggy ziplock (so in case one leaked, it wouldn't contaminate the other. Also, I'm thinking, if the port on any / all of these did dry out, they just will not work when I put them into the iP6000, right ? That would hurt the new printer head would it ?

.......or should I just throw them all away ?

Thanks,
Fish

drc023

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, iP8720, MG6220
Recap the outlet port on the partially used tanks and secure them with a rubber band or tape. If you discarded the caps, duct tape should work OK for sealing the tanks. It would be a good idea to separate them in different baggies for storage. A paper towel slightly moistened with a little water and isopropyl alcohol should also be placed in the Ziploc bags.

Fish Chris

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank you. Will do this.

Peace,
Fish