Staying logged on?

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Greets!

I was wondering if there was a way to always be logged on to this forum? I can do it on other forums, so this is probably not a cookie-issue. Does this forum have this feature?

Thanks!

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
alexandereci,

I stay logged in to the forum on my computer, as you describe. When I do a "disk cleanup" I also delete all of my cookies, requiring me to log in again on my next visit. For this reason, I suspect that your problem may be cookie-related.

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Grandad,

I do stay logged on... if I come back to this site after a minute or two. Anything beyond 5 minutes and I have to log on again. This problem only occurs on this website for me, I am a member of other forums and I don't have this "log on again after 5 minutes absence" problem. I figure if it is a cookie problem, then why don't I have this on other sites? BTW, this happens even without 'cleanup' done on my PC.

I am using Firefox 2.0.0.3, with NoScript and a few other add-ons, but this site is "allowed" on my PC (NoScript will not block anything), so perhaps this is browser related?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Click on the Profile link near the top of this page and select Privacy under the Profile Menu. Is there a check in the box next to "Save username and password between visits"?

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Hey all!

The answers above are spot on:

1) Make sure you have the option selected in your profile to remain logged on between visits (accomplished via a cookie)
2) See if you have any cookie blocking / erasing going on with your browser / computer.

Good luck and keep us posted.

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
As I said, there's no cookie problem here. Apparently, it was the user who was at fault :D
Thanks for the help guys! That option was unchecked, and checking it did the trick! Thanks!