Starting New Laser Toner Refill Business

KevinH

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

A colleague and I are considering starting a toner refill business but are overwhelmed by the range of products needed. We are hoping to be able to refill cartridges as we get them. However, if we are to believe the sites that we have visited it appears that we need to buy unique toner for every single model of cartridge available. Surely that can't be the case?

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
As far as I know, laser toner is pretty much the same. Of course there are:
* MICR (magnetic ink character recognition) toner - for checks printing,
* normal oil based toner
* soy beans based toner - for "greener" printing - latest innovation.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

bobertofalls

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello have you gone any further on you toner refill business I too have done some research into supy of inks, rollers and blades. A total rebuild of a cartrage has to be done as the roller and blades usually wear out soon after the toner runs out!

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Some will do well with one or more refills without rebuilding. You will only know the number of refills if you are doing you own and can keep track. Commercially you would be refilling cartridges as they come in without knowing how many refills have occurred.

m1971

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Many cartridges can be refilled two or three times.

You will not need a different toner formulation for each cartridge type but you will need about 15-16 formulations
to cover the majority of popular printers.

Also look into high capacity toner.

ian

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have a ink and toner refill shop and i have found that most of the HP black printers take the same toner, as do the brother black printers, Some xerox printers take epson and dell toner and have the same cartridges as do hp and canon printers. The thing you need worry about is finding a good supplier for your powder and make sure that your chips will work in the printers. Do not cut corners with cheap toner powder as it will come back and kick you where it hurts. the same goes for your chips.