Starting a new job tomorrow!

brendo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well im starting a new job tomorrow, and im kind of nervous to be honest. I haven't had a job for 10 months as ive been doing a full time degree in Marine biology, but ive decided to go back to work and do part time uni to earn some money.

The job is in sales at an electronics store (they sell printers too, so its relevant to this forum) I suspect ill spend most of my time explaining about the latest canon printers :D
Haven t ever been a salesperson before, my last job was a bar attendant so I hope I can con people in to buying stuff haha.

Anyways wish me luck hey!

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Best of luck Brendo !
The hardest part for me would be maintaining "zipperlip" whilst a customer fondles one of the new Canons ;)

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
"Starting a new job tomorrow!"
So's someone else.
They spent millions to get a job that pays thousands - as someone said 'it must have one hell of a dental plan'.

Froggy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Good Luck Brendo!

Remember, just be polite, take time to listen and try to keep calm, no matter how deserving of a smack in the face the customer might be (buying an Epson is not punishable by death) Oh, and don't pounce on them as soon as they arrive, most are capable of asking for help, or at least wait until they are handling / studying the merchandise.

That usually keeps me sane when I have to face clients / customers.

As for the other New Job in the USA, well think of the perks! Apart from the dental plan, you get to invade any country you like, pollute as much as you like, turn your country into a fortress and treat all your fiends and visitors like they were your enemies. And best of all, you can't be sacked until after 4 years, no matter how incompetent, because nobody will have the guts to do it.

No, I don't hate Americans. I've worked there, I know they get a bit zealous around election time or when threatened with a tax hike, but who doesn't, then they settle down again and do beer and great steaks. I just don't like the politics of xenophobic paranoia.

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Hey Froggy....
When it comes down to it, we'll stand shoulder-to-shoulder.

Cheers, brother.

Now, will you please stop telling those jokes and chill your beer :D

Froggy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
jflan said:
Hey Froggy....
When it comes down to it, we'll stand shoulder-to-shoulder.
Cheers, brother.

Now, will you please stop telling those jokes and chill your beer :D
Sure, I'll chill the beer and you get the steaks on the BBQ and we can eat shoulder to shoulder! :cool:

Given the chance, most normal, decent law-abiding people of the world would rather be friends than enemies, no matter what political, religious or ethic background. The problems start when those backgrounds get in the way of the common humanity that we all share, and prevent us from chilling over cool beer and good foiod (is that steak done yet, jflan?)

And for Brendo: How did your week go mate? Hope it was good for you.

brendo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
First week has been quite long, im full time (38hrs) but this week ive done 50 hrs. But yeah, going well.

Got a chance to have a close look at the new canon carts in a Mp630 yesterday. The look quite similar to the cli-8's but are slightly more rectangular and smaller.

Also had a look at the new HP multi functions that have just been released with the new carts that look strangely similar to canon :p ( nothing untoward going on there hey)

I was actually quite impressed with them. They have cd/dvd printing now (which is a must for me) looking at the specs though, they seem to be a bit slower then the canon counterparts. The carts are almost identical to the canon cli-8 ones but they are mostly all painted over, with just a little window on the side for seeing ink level. there were also some sort of chips going on, so i don't know how you;d go refilling them.

Froggy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Glad to hear the first week went OK, brendo.

Regarding the Canon-like HP carts, well they do say if you cant beat them join them. Which begs the question, do the new HP carts still have the built in print head, separate print head or the "print head in the printer" like canons and Epsons?

As for HP printers in general, we use them at work, and my previous employer used them as well. I've always been impressed with HP inkjet printers, generally robust and reliable, especially when you are not spending your own money on the carts. But recently my employer (A Council) has been removing inkjet printers from offices when they come up for replacement. Colour printing is now being done on a small number of colour lasers (we still have a mono laserjet in the office) and the council seems to have reduced the number of printers by 30%