Standard Garden lamp Mk.3

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
According to malicious and unkind spirits, 99% of the 'continent' in those containers will be gathered a few months later from a bunch of recycling sites around Wicklow ( in the shape of what seem to be broken parts of street lamp posts )..
but....
... the remaining 1% will take the shape of an unbreakable forever standing garden lamp in Wicklow, for the benefit and delight of a certain furry chap (name of Ted).

That is, if somebody manages to expel Mr. Murphy and his pesky laws out of Ireland. ;)

Edit

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The new lamp ordered for 500 tons of PLA has left Shenzhen for Ireland today..

1614245798162.png
That’s brilliant @Redbrickman.. I will watch the ship coming up the Irish sea…
The Hat's monthly shipment of filament and 3D printer parts docking in Dublin.
Ah.. Come on @stratman, that amount will last me at least 6 months, depending on wind / weather conditions..
those containers will be gathered a few months later from a bunch of recycling sites around Wicklow ( in the shape of what seem to be broken parts of street lamp posts )..
but....
Funny you should say that, because recycling is not as easy as it seems…

For quite some time I collected all my PLA wasted plastic in large sacks of 20 Kg or more and like an idiot took them to the council recycling centre..

They refuse to take them.. Claiming the contents could not be verified so was not acceptable as genuine Plastic waste... Now all my PLA waste goes into the dumpster..

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
RANT MODE

That is an example of the stupidity and ignorance of the council and governments attitude to recycling. As an example in Germany once per month there is a designated area in every village and town where people take their large items for recycling. Anyone who can make use of an item is free to "recycle" it. A lot of what gets thrown out by one person gets a new home, thus saving energy and resources.

Here in UK they have a recycling centre where you take large items and no one is allowed to take anything away even if it could be re-used. They then waste energy crushing and transporting lots of items that could be re-used to either a landfill or a centre whre it is sorted and processed using more energy, and also sent around the world in a container ship to be reprocessed in other countries :he

RANT OVER

@The Hat - Better get Sammy the Seal out of the harbour before it docks :)