spare parts for XP ?

te36

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
Any recommendations for spare parts vendors for Epson XP (Experience Premium) in the USA ?
Google pops up with european or UK ( ;-) ) vendors and the few american ones i found didn't show XP series, but only older series parts.

te36

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
ISF: GEDAT is in Germany. Shipping to the USA is typically killing the price. And this is for a US Epson printer the power supply (110V). Pretty sure GEDAT would not even have that.

Hat: I few years back i was stumbling across a conference where they where showing all type of new methods to print electronic circuits. IMHO that is even more impressive (resolution/materials) than what folks would consider "proper 3D printers". But yeah, silly power supply for a printer, nothing fancy.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
lots of power supplies are wide range from 100 V - 240 V, how about the one you are looking for ?

te36

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
The labels on the outside of the Epson XP series printers explicitly indicate 230V on european models and 110V on the US models. I have yet to find a destruction free way to experiment if those labels are wrong.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
so you would need the maintenance manual to see whether there are separate power supplies or just different labelling for marketing/market segregation reasons

te36

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
Or i find a USA seller of spare parts that has parts lists like those on GEDAT and i can compare.

Hence my original question.

But i think the USA Epson organization seems to like throw-away and replace. I'll call up that authorized support shop and ask him - if nobody here knows ;-)

te36

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
Bought a service manual from 2manuals.com, but it was impossible to figure out from it how to get the print head out of parking position without power, and the parts surrounding the power supply where secured with a screw that is only reachable when the print head is not in the parking position. These printers are a marvel of tightly intertwined tiny mechanical pieces. Frustrating to service, but fascinating. With Epson being part of Seiko (watch makers), its no wonder i guess.

When i finally got to the power supply, it does look as if there might be a 110/220V difference.

Alas, the power supply seems to work fine, but the printer is not powering on - service manual says to swap main board and panel board in that case.