Spam dialogue boxes on startup of computer

flyboy

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-3750
Hi,
I get about 6 or 8 hp dialogue boxes on startup (with the printer turned on) trying to get me to buy cartridges from HP and then there are about 3 or 4 dialogue boxes that you have to tread to dismiss. Where is the program that is creating this stuff and how do I dispense with it?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
For many HP printers it is possible to download both a full driver that is a software collection that also contains creativity programs, possibility to buy supplies online etc, or just a basic driver. maybe the basic driver will be sufficient for your needs? Maybe the easiest way to get the basic driver is to uninstall the full software packet and driver and then after a computer restart just do a plug and play install?

But if you are using cartridges either you or a remanufacturer refilled or compatible cartridges, you will have to click OK on some nag screens and possibly also on the display, if the printer has got a such one, before you are allowed to print. With refilled cartridges you will have to accept the nag screens whether you are using the full or basic driver/software package.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@flyboy, try uninstalling all the HP software, I mean everything, then shut down your computer, that’s completely off, and wait ten seconds to press the on button again.

Using the CD that came with your printer, try using a custom install and only install the print drivers and this should cure most of the annoying pop ups.

If that option is not open to you then down load the print driver from the HP website or even better allow Windows to install the printer itself..

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Instead of uninstalling unwanted HP programs, you could also just prevent them from starting at computer start. The freeware version of CCleaner is ideal for this purpose, as you can deactivate start programs. To download CCleaner only download it from piriform.com, some software distributors bundle programs with something unwanted extra.