Source For Replacement Canon Print Heads - EBAY USA

JoePineapples

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
stratman said:
websnail said:
Just to note there was certainly a time when you could purchase direct from Canon in the USA, but I seem to remember that they now require you to be a refurb/service-engineer to buy from them...

I could be wrong but I seem to remember someone posting that up recently.
I called Canon USA about two weeks ago and got a quote for a new print head. Only question they asked me was "Do you want it?".
The sad fact is that Canon (JP) want you to buy a new printer with lower Cap Ink carts .. I used work in a service center in the UK and they still wouldn't let me buy a P/H

Joe

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I bought a MP780 print head directly from Canon about 4 months ago. They asked why I wanted to buy a print head. I gave them the symptom of the MP780. They agreed that the problem was likely in the print head but also said it could be a problem on the printer side. They said the print head will not be returnable if the problem isn't fixed. I agreed and they sold me the print head. It's Canon USA. Their 800 number is on their web site.

I don't think they require that you are a refurb/repair engineer. They only asked why I wanted to buy a print head. The reason was the MP780 complained about "Wrong Cartridge". It was my neighbor's printer. The new print head fixed the problem.

nanosec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I got the "you need to be a service tech" from Canon Canada. I don't know if I had just approached them differently, maybe they would have sent it. However, I just got 2 refurbed print heads for 33 bucks each so Canon can stuff it.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Ah... thanks for clearing that one up nanosec... I knew I'd heard it somewhere but couldn't think where..

Figures though...