Sometimes things Just Look Right...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Just go to dpreview.com, "off topic" forum to see the results of un-moderated forum comments.
Roy, are you suggesting that I would be welcomed over there... :gig
I maybe a moderator, but don’t let that stop anyone from complaining, sometimes by britches can get to big too... :eek:

P.S. the photo turned out just the way I wanted.... ;)

RogerB

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pro3880
Roy, are you suggesting that I would be welcomed over there... :gig
I maybe a moderator, but don’t let that stop anyone from complaining, sometimes by britches can get to big too... :eek:

P.S. the photo turned out just the way I wanted.... ;)
Just picked up on this thread and I'm flattered that anyone wants to hang my photo on their wall. Feel free, and if anyone wants a larger file just ask.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I like your picture too, Roger. The focal range must have been carefully adjusted!

Totally unconnected to the above:
In my ignorance I must admit I had not come across ad-hominem attack definitions before, but you do come across them in practice, they can also be amusing (the definitions that is). To save effort for those interested see:-

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ad hominem

Last edited:

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
I like your picture too, Roger. The focal range must have been carefully adjusted!

Totally unconnected to the above:
In my ignorance I must admit I had not come across ad-hominem attack definitions before, but you do come across them in practice, they can also be amusing (the definitions that is). To save effort for those interested see:-

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ad hominem

I know it is really off topic, but thank Emu for this example and crave The Hat's indulgence to make this point:

Don't you just love it when a website devoted to the use of the English language uses an actual ad hominem attack to effectively define ad hominem. I would like to think it is an intentional subtlety, but combined with the obvious spelling error in the definition I am not so sure. Offending clause in bold italics:

"An attack upon an opponent in order to discredit their arguement or opinion. Ad hominems are used by immature and/or unintelligent people because they are unable to counter their opponent using logic and intelligence."

rs

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Don't you just love it when a website devoted to the use of the English language uses an actual ad hominem attack to effectively define ad hominem.
Sometimes a pejorative statement is accurate and not an ad hominem. :idunno

Example: The Three Stooges.

[Larry walks off-camera]

MOE: [to Shemp] You know, he’s the most intelligent imbecile I ever saw.

SHEMP: Hey! How about me?!

MOE: Oh, you’re much smarter - you’re just an imbecile!