Sometimes things Just Look Right...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
This is the first POW that I’ve seen to compliment the PK Home page, it just fits there like it was deliberately placed, like an actual window...
Capture.PNG
You can see the street !.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
An excellent image. Worthy of printing big and framing.

Or my favourite - as 12 x 18 canvas gallery wrap it would look magnificent.

Time for RogerB to fire up his big printers.

rs

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I just might do that myself on a bit of A3+ canvas and see how it turns out, it is a nice photo dough. ;)
If that's alright with @RogerB and he doesn’t mind me pinching his print for my wall...:hide

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I just might do that myself on a bit of A3+ canvas and see how it turns out, it is a nice photo dough. ;)
If that's alright with @RogerB and he doesn’t mind me pinching his print for my wall...:hide

For big print you will need a larger file. For an 18" print you will need 3,000 plus pixels on the long edge.

If RogerB has a file that size he may oblige you with a copy - else a smaller print is likely.

rs

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Ya, it looks fantastic! Great job @RogerB !

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
For big print you will need a larger file.
@Roy Sletcher, sorry but I don’t go for all the hype and balderdash about file sizes and the magical 300 dpi, the current file is 35 x26cm. and that’s more than enough pixels.

I can manage with RogerB’s original because I’ll be using standard print quality with 65 PPI @110% on canvas and media setting to plain paper, and horrors of horrors with the printer managing the colour. :eek:

I don’t want the sharpness just the raw look, and I could always upscale the photo if I want extra pixels, because I don’t print the conventual way that everybody else does, I am not looking for an exact copy..:hu

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@Roy Sletcher, sorry but I don’t go for all the hype and balderdash about file sizes and the magical 300 dpi, the current file is 35 x26cm. and that’s more than enough pixels.

I can manage with RogerB’s original because I’ll be using standard print quality with 65 PPI @110% on canvas and media setting to plain paper, and horrors of horrors with the printer managing the colour. :eek:

I don’t want the sharpness just the raw look, and I could always upscale the photo if I want extra pixels, because I don’t print the conventual way that everybody else does, I am not looking for an exact copy..:hu

Did I touch a nerve or something?

It is interesting that you find it necessary to make pejorative comments about my opinion on file sizes for printing. It is after all only an opinion, and I was under the impression this is a forum for opinions - no?

I am guessing that for some obscure reason you consider the opinion you gave trumps my opinion.

At least I know for sure the earth is flat.

Peace.

rs

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
O’ boy, :hide sorry Roy for rattling your cage, no offence way meant to you in anyway, my comment was in relation to my preferences as to how I see printed matter, and because I don’t follow the photographers sacred handbook, and my level of sarcasm was obviously over your head.

Please accept my apology... :hugs
At least I know for sure the earth is flat.
P.S. the world is hollow, with room for everyone onside... :woot

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
O’ boy, :hide sorry Roy for rattling your cage, no offence way meant to you in anyway, my comment was in relation to my preferences as to how I see printed matter, and because I don’t follow the photographers sacred handbook, and my level of sarcasm was obviously over your head.

Please accept my apology... :hugs

P.S. the world is hollow, with room for everyone onside... :woot

Apology not necessary. I was just a little surprised by your comment on what I thought was a valid opinion. Maybe I was being a little thin skinned for the internet.

I have to remind myself daily that on the internet in general: sarcasm does not work. Humour does not work. Subtlety does not work. Irony does not work. English is not everybody's first language. Expletives and ad-hominem attacks are the preferred method of communication for many until a moderator pulls the plug.

I fully appreciate all the dedicated work you contribute to keeping this site civilized, collegial, and avoiding many of the pitfalls mentioned above.

Just go to dpreview.com, "off topic" forum to see the results of un-moderated forum comments. - Pretty sick.

rs