Something to ponder about your waste inks ?

YourInkedGirl

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L360
The ink consumption of the PRO-10 seems to be the same as the PRO-9500 II.
I have about the same usage pattern as @Artur5.
Since the ink is not expensive (and paid upfront since I have to keep large inventories by fear of supply difficulties and tax increases ;)) and I loose much less during cartridge changes, I stopped worrying about this.

A happy printing Newyear to all !
For those who are looking for a new printer. Canon PIXMA MX922. The Canon PIXMA MX922 is one of the most popular printers in the market, it comes with many great features and brings wireless capabilities to your home office. and it has one of the cheapest inks around. Happy Printing!! :D:D:D:D

PK Project Manager

Printer Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
At this time of the year I tend to crank up my Pro 9500 to print all the things that have being building up over many many weeks, the last time I used the printer was back in August / September !

Being a pigment printer you’d think it would clog up to hell in that period of time, on the other hand dye printers are known not to be great been left idle for long periods, so that’s one myth I can put to bed, pigment wins out over dye ink, it's far safer being left for longer periods.

I used 8.6 ml of ink for cleaning for this printing session and the previous one, and I reckon that’s not bad at all, so much for the 60 hour cleaning cycle myth which shows it’s complete nonsense.

Now if you leave your printer on 24/7 or turn it on every week to print a nozzle check in the vain hope of saving your OEM or 3rd party inks, your printer is going to use far more than point 5 ml per cart in that same time period.

Here’s a breakdown of my two print sessions for the past six months, (use a calculator) if necessary:- 8.6 ml x two separate cleaning cycles for ten cartridges x 2, and it works out at less than point 5 of a ml per cart. (For 6 months)

When I finished my print run and put the printer to sleep again for this year, I emptied the printer Potty and weighed the contents, that’s one of the beauties of having this system installed, it takes all the guess work away for your waste ink…

Very helpful insights! Congratulations on getting featured on the homepage!

Flageborg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
Is it easy, with or without modifications, to transfer external waste ink tank from R3000 to PRO-10S?

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 290

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Is it easy, with or without modifications, to transfer external waste ink tank from R3000 to PRO-10S?
@The Hat explained how to do it for the PRO-9500.

Most probably the PRO-10 has the same double purge pump as the 9500, so once you opened the case it should be the same.
I see no reason why you couldn't connect your R3000 potty.

Latest posts