Some test prints with a WF 7710 and CISS

BlackSea

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF 7710
Hei guys, sorry didn't have time until now to answer.

@Ink stained Fingers - i tried the printerfab drivers. Works like crap, at least on my Mac :) The rear feed is totally unusable and sometimes even with the cassete the driver has a problem, the same problem being repetead each time - after the print job is sent through this driver to the printer, the printer just hangs and then it becomes unresponsive and does not to anything. Then every button on the interface of the printer becomes unavailable, and the printer just sits there, doing nothing, with the screen on but locked out. I left it in this state even for 10 minutes... and still nothing. The printer then needs a hard reset, shutting down, and then restarting. This happens every time when selecting rear feed tray option, and about 50% when selecting paper cassette. Tried different paper types from the driver, different print quality settings, i enabled/disabled different specific option, like post-script simulation and so on... Happens every time with the read feed, and from the casette the only papers I successfully printed were A4 80gsm plain papers. Any ideas why does this happen or how could I avoid the errors? Or is there a better RIP-like driver for mac? The options do seem interesting enough and complex...

@The Hat - you are correct, sir :D On of the first reasons for trying to use offset papers is the cost, which is a mere fraction of the cost of inkjet paper or photo paper. Another reason is the feel of some of these papers, which I like a lot and didn't find on digital papers. That being said I ordered 2 days ago and awaiting to receive it a paper made for digital which I found to have a really nice feel, the Color Copy coated silk from Mondi. I'll do some tests and post some samples when it arrives. And thirdly, I just what to test if it can be done and what can be done :D Like idiot's research:lol:
Regarding cleaning the feed roller is there a specific instruction set to do that for the 7710? I searched on youtube and found some tutorials about the 7110 or 7610/20. Do those apply?

Last couple of days I ran more tests on different types of papers. I tried 10 new types, will post some samples later with the ones that actually look good and got better results. Also tested some watercolour A3+ paper from a watercolour drawing pad. PrinteD a painting of Klimt on it and the results were really really good. Also I found an offset paper which works extremely well - a double sided coated duplex board, 210gsm. Think the kind of cardboard used for packaging in the pharma industry or cigarette packs. No ink pooling, grainyness, colours came out really good, details in the shadows, the works :D

BlackSea

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
WF 7710
I should also say that for my last tests I used the Coated_Fogra39L_VIGC_260.icc profile in photoshop, converted my docs to it before printing. It uses a maximum TAC of 260% and it gave me considerably better results, especially regarding details in the shadows...

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Thanks for your feedback, this just shows that it is a complex combination of parameters - paper type - ink type , driver settings, profile to get the best out of a particular kind of paper .

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I tested Printfab for Windows for a while and found those ink limit options , it works under Windows and I didn't get those type of problems you encountered, but those make that software unusable. Could it be a version conflict ? But I'm not familiar with Mac software and alternatives. I'm not aware of any other RIP type software for Epson desktop printers. I'm using (infrequently) some old RIP software with my old (almost ancient) Pro 7600 - e.g. I can run the printer without using the light color inks, setting ink limits per color, doing linearization before profiling which improves the darker range a little bit. That's the typical RIP stuff. But Printfab is not really a substitute for other RIP software, it just offers some adjustments which are not accessible via the driver - adjustments I wouldn't need as long as I just stay with Epson inks on Epson papers....
Ref roller cleaning - I think the print mechanism of all these models is quite similar.
Gedat provides detailed explosion drawings which should show hardware differences between models
https://www.gedat-spareparts.com/ex/wf_7610.pdf
https://www.gedat-spareparts.com/index.php?sess=3018201808171125341761&module=brandsearch&brand=eps&gr=All-in-one+Devices&model=WORKFORCE+WF-7610&search=
to look for other models

Last edited: