Socktrifuge method: HOWTO fix carts & paint your room

aboulfad

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
Its Friday, so a fun story is in order... we are truly crazy in our quest for DIY :oops:

As i am trying to figure out my grey colorcast issue, i tried everything under the sun, some CLI-42 bottom "sponge" would not fully saturate and sometimes would have an area where ink didn't absorb. So i recalled resident forum members use the sock method to dislodge those pesky areas (and also drain) , so I decided to follow suite. Only on the first try I didn't tape the top maze outlet of the PM filled ink cart. Yeah you can picture what follows next, using the math by a user here, probably exerting around 3.6g forces with the sock inside my office room...

I applied the "socktrifuge" method and it was a nice exercise doing it for 1 mn ... i check the PM cart and true enough the bottom sponge had no more white areas, so happy with the results of my socktrifuge action, I turn towards my Pro-100 to grab the other carts, only to see my left/right/ceiling very light Zen color walls, desk, iMac, as well my floor all covered by splatter of PM ink :he

I was too shocked to take a photo, i rushed and washed everything with a wet microfiber towel, luckily Benjamin Moore Aura paint is the bomb and CLI-42 ink is water so it wasn't a horrible job. My feet are also all covered w PM ink dots... (still 2d later)

Yeah, in a nutshell, DON'T DO THIS AT HOME !!! :lol:

aboulfad

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
@stratman i think you coined that term in another thread! In hindsight and reading more after the paint incident, I will apply tape and wrap w paper towel and exercise outside :woot