So what is a Pro-1 printer like when it is "dialed" in?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
If ever there was a term fine art printer, the Pro-1 would have to sit at the front row of nominations.
Why? give it an image that is supposed to portray to convey something and it will bring that to you.
With a P800, SP3880, P600, R3000, R2880, Pro-10, Pro9500 and of course Pro-100 all in waiting, the Pro-1 takes the crown so far. Maybe it will be bested by the Pro-1000.

So what is it like?, it cannot be described easily but I came across something last night when I sat down viewed a concert performance and this particular piece best describes it. Yes, I viewed it on HD with nice setup but at least you'll get a sense with this You Tube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8NN4fpdm40

Colors are "syrupy" smooth especially in B&W done in Other Fine Art. BTW, the violinist is "Lucia Micarelli" this aptly coincides with the name Canon uses for its Pigment inks.....Lucia.
The music she produces is beautiful and so are the images rendered by the Pro-1. Subtleties of tone and dynamics to evoke a sensation....one to the ears and the other to the eye. Both create a passionate bond to the soul.

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Sounds like mikling has a crush on Lucia. :love

Get in line, pal. :D