So Tempting - Bambu Lab X1 3D Printer

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@The Hat - time to try the Prusa Slicer ;)
Like most things this week, everything is not going my way..

Tried the Prusa Slicer, and still can’t get my head around it, but I will come back to it again even if it’s only out of curiosity..

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I really like Stephan's videos. He goes DEEP into the Voron, and keeps comparing it to the Bambu:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The Voron 3D printer, which ever size you'd choose get is in my opinion the cats whiskers in 3D printers, but its way beyond my needs, to own and run one of these I’d need to scale up my design dept. and improve on how and what I make.

Most of what I make on my CR-10’s are limited on how well I design an object and that’s usually not terribly well, I’m not great at making things that need to be perfect or strong, because I’m happy using PLA filament despite its drawbacks.

In a nutshell a Voron would be wasted on me because I could never release the machine's great potential at producing precise parts, besides I’d be lost trying to get to grips with the many new slicer settings it would require, so I have to say no reluctantly, it’s not for me.. I still like to fly by the seat of my pants..