So do the Printer Potty be a substitute for the waste ink unit?

user5800

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro9500 MkII
The loss of half of the nozzle check in one or more colors happens without an error message.
You can continue to print with limitations (ex B&W), but it is unrecoverable.
It's what happened to my old 9500, I have it there sitting with half printhead failed however it works for the remaining blacks section.

I will try to clean it with the cleaning formula if I will have time too, I'm good at printing but I'm still no good at servicing my own printer equipment.

Last edited:

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
It's what happened to my old 9500, I have it there sitting with half printhead failed however it works for the remaining blacks section.

I will try to clean it with the cleaning formula if I will have time too, I'm good at printing but I still suck at servicing my own printer equipment.
Failure is electrical, cleaning won't help.

user5800

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro9500 MkII
Failure is electrical, cleaning won't help.
It seems that I clogged it manually cleaning with alcohol and tap water over a slight electrical failure, maybe I can get to the point where I'm able to print a bit more of yellow and cyan so that I can prepare manual profiles for more neutral BW prints. Or even colors if printed in slow and super hi quality passes.

Last edited:

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
This looks like a good place to mention a relevant thread over in the Epson folder. Here's the title:

where to buy print head for Epson 1430​

I realize this is a Canon thread but maybe someone here could recommend a good supplier. Canon or Epson, a quality print head supplier might have both.

Thanks all!