Snagged a new Epson Workforce 1100! Need some recommendations!

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
...at Staples for only $72 with various coupons.

Need to know:

Recommended refill inks.

Recommendations on CIS for this printer...good, bad, ugly?

Recommendations for carts and resetters that work for YOU!

Wayne

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I keep looking at this one, at the Photo 1400, and the R2000. And I still can't decide. The 1400 can be converted to pigment unlike the newer Artisans. But the Workforce 1100 looks more rugged.

Let me know how well it does with bright blue colors. My experience with the older Durabrite C86 and C88/88+ 4-color pigment "office" printers was that they could not produce a color anywhere near bright blue/cyan. You could get "light" blue by lowering the saturation but it would still be a lighter shade of dull navy, I could not get anywhere near a nice sapphire blue or royal blue. My R220 with pigment inks does a great job with light blues. Does the 1100 do a better job at lighter blues?

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
A lot of the CISS use a dye based ink. I'd recommend switching to dye based since it'll clog far less often. Get a decent kit and the color will still be pretty good even converting to dye ink. I don't suggest CISS with pigment ink unless you really need the fade and water resistance. The pigment inks tend to settle out unless you print like every couple days.

34Ford

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well you have till this Saturday to buy one for $97 at Newegg. Epson dropped the instant savings from $80 to $50, so dont know how long they will be $99 on Amazon.