Similar replacement for my Canon MP640?

dc150

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP640
Well what a printer it has been! It is about 11 years old and never a fault. Mainly light home use but spells of heavier office type use printing documents. Some photographs which are good enough. It is a colour printer/scanner with three colours and two blacks. It is still working but showing dreaded <ink absorber tray full> message. Will continue with <okay> for now.
So really hoping for same functionality but hoping that newer technology will give some improvements (like printing from phone) but suspect life to be less !
The three I am looking at the Maxify MB2755, The TS7451 and the TS8350/1. The MP640 could print on CDs but that is less important now. I think I need a rear tray though as would want to use other media like labels and thicker photographic paper. Of the three I'm thinking the TS8350 will be better for photos, the other two for office stuff.
I wonder if the build quality of all three is the same and if they have any glaring shortcomings and I can't quite see much difference between the two with the document feeder other than the TS7451 has a three tank system(the other two I believe are 5 and 6). Will that be any good for photos and other media prints?
Anyway, sorry it's long (first posts often are!) but any views and thoughts or experiences on any of them would be most welcome.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
I've had a Maxify 5150 for 4 years now and it replaced a MP640. It has been great and easy to refill compared to some of the newer printers. I added ARC chips to the original OEM carts and refill them. I also have it running on Wifi and can print from anywhere at home using mob phone, laptop or desktop. There is a huge Maxify thread here in the forum if you feel bored and need to do more research ;)

Last edited: