Silly Canon

Adamj

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
After a good few years my Canon i250 has died, looked around for a Canon replacement and checked out the prices of ink. I am absolutely disgusted at the price of ink cartridges that these new canons use. Not expensive but outright rip off.

I bit the bullet and purchased an Epson printer, as much as i like Canons i do not want to feel cheated everytime i buy ink cartridges.

Canon has gone greedy.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
This is not exactly news but it's good to hear that the regular printer user is getting the overriding message here. There's hope yet.

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Sorrry,

Clearly Adamj is much smarter than the average printer purchaser--and then doubled demonstrates that by finding this forum.

The average inkjet printer purchaser seems about as smart as a box of rocks--they don't even seem to aware of any of the issues, don't even comparison shop on
readily computable information like price per OEM cartridge ML, and chipped inkjets of every make seem to flying off store shelves--and are clearly the
wave of the future---with any talk of boycott now moot.

Unless we on this printer forum can partner with people on other printer forums---and then start doing some very serious outreach to impact the average inkjet buyer
before they purchase a printer---------we will see inkjet printer technology start to move backward----------with early 2005 being a turning point where technological progress
turned and started moving backward.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Well for what it's worth I've already started writing reviews on sites I use... even put some guides on the ebay.co.uk site..

Got to be a little careful regarding the whole misrepresentation thing though, as there're still some facts that need to be determined.. Either way, when people decide it's time to buy that new set of cartridges.. Oh boy are they going to get a surprise and that's what I'm counting on..

But you're right though Osage.. couldn't you just be wrong this once.. please ;)

Adamj

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

As soon as the majority starts seeing the cheap printers/high priced ink scam then things will progress but until then, the printer companies can do what the hell
they want.

Dan@blue-optix

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Unfortunatly Cheap printers and high priced consumables have been around for a long time now. Lexmark being the first that springs to mind!
HP are knocking a few quid off their cartridges to make them seem cheap, but their new tri-colour carts have 5ml - no thats not 5ml per colour. Just 5ml (Divided by 3!!)
This is how the printer manufacturers make their money though, Currys are selling Lexmark AIO's for 39.99 and they come with one half full cartridge!