Sihl photopaper from Aldi Europe (Belgium, Germany)

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi,

I'm looking for that excellent photopaper from Sihl I bought a year ago and I forgot I had that paper in my cupboard. A few days ago I tried this paper in my Canon i9950 printer and was really astonished with the quality of the prints. At first I thought it was just el cheapo photopaper you can buy everywhere in discount stores (Aldi), and the price label says 5.99 per 50 sheets A4, which is really incredible cheap for the quality (comparable with Canon Glossy Photopaper Pro, which is far more expensive). Brilliant colours, perfect glossy shine, no metamerism and fingerprint proof (uses ceramic protection layer).

I showed my friends the prints and they could not believe this quality paper was from Aldi (a chain of discount stores in Europe). Well, this El cheapo photopaper is really cheapo, but also high quality as well !!! The only possible backside is the thickness of the paper, which is slightly thinner than the original Canon paper, but that doesn't bother me.

I hope Aldi will have this special offer again soon, since I can't find its fabulous paper again at my local Aldi market.

Defcon2k

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I think Aldi Nord has it every april and every december. See the database/archive here

(The text and picture don't say that it was the Sihl paper, but it was)

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
For those living in Belgium (me only I believe): the Aldi was selling this marvelous Sihl paper, but the latest version is even better than last one. It almost resembles Canon Photo Paper Pro in appearance and thickness and even the printquality is equal. And because it is microporous paper fit for use with pigment ink printers.

Great price: 5,99/50 sheets, quality: 280 gsm, high glossy microporous polymer paper.