(Sihl) gloss photo paper is available again at Lidl stores

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
some of those special offers are junk, others aren't, the glossy inkjet photo papers from Aldi/Sihl or Netbit or Lidl/united Office/Sihl are very good papers for their price, uniform gloss, PE coated - the backside does not feel paper/fiber like but like lab photos, the color space is very good, the photo papers work well with dye and pigment inks

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
These photo papers are popular and are often offered at almost the same time in different countries, so it has become a tradition that the first person who spots one of these offers in his or her country post a notice in this "Paper and other media" forum. :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Yes and those in the know run to their nearest Lidl store to grab quite a few packs..:love:weee

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I wonder how better the quality is compared to EMTEC papers, Lomond papers that are available in my country, same price without discounts.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
nobody knows until somebody does a direct test for comparison, but since that some of these papers are not easily available at all or at similar prices a test may become difficult and pretty useless. Price is not a good quality indicator for inkjet photo papers so everybody does his own tests just on a subset of all the available material on the market in his country. The Sihl material may not be better than some other papers but just one with good performance for a decent price.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Ive not had a whole pack of lidl Glossy paper to test before (I missed out on the deal last time around, my local store apparently only had 2 packs of it in stock which sold within minutes). However the 2 sheets i managed to pinch from a friend produced a good print (this must be at least six months ago) and looking at them right now the print is still decent quality, glossy and with no ink fade i can see.

The other regular copy paper is ok stuff also but at £3 you can pretty much pick up a ream of 80g paper for that price nearly anywhere very easily and of the same quality.

Id recommend a pack of the photo glossy stuff though to anyone that can get it, sometimes Aldi and Lidl stuff nowadays is not the bargain it pretends to be but £5 for 50 sheets of A4 glossy is a good deal, even if you personally dislike the paper at £5 it hardly a massive loss.

The Guillotine is not much of a bargain IMO you can pick up similar ones on Ebay, even Staples have a similar one for basically the same money. Much like the A4 copy paper it will probably be fine but do not think you are getting something dirt cheap cos you are not.

As to the paper shredder that i can say for a fact is a pile of junk, seen and used one. It will not do more than about 2-3 pages at a time, regularly overheats and is as slow as a snail. Its ok if you VERY RARELY use a shredder but if you have a pile of junk to shred forget all about that item, you will just drive yourself insane and spend most of the day trying to shred everything while every half an hour or so waiting 15(ish) minutes for it to cool down from overheating.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Some of Lidl ‘s stuff can be a bit flimsy all right but their papers are excellent and extremely low in price, their copy paper is second to none and is 80 gm and not 75 gm like most other low priced brands are..

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Some of Lidl ‘s stuff can be a bit flimsy all right but their papers are excellent and extremely low in price, their copy paper is second to none and is 80 gm and not 75 gm like most other low priced brands are..

It may be different in Ireland @The Hat but my experience in Britain is most bottom end stuff is 80g, freely admit you can get very cheap nasty 75g paper also though. But typically its 80g here, in most stores you actually have to look for 75g stuff rather than the other way around.

Lidls copy paper is ok its reasonably priced and the quality is fine, but i would not call it a bargain, you could for instance have...
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...ltipurpose-paper-500-sheets-21362647-pdt.html
or
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1947038.htm
as just a couple of quick and obvious shop examples without googling.

Lidl copy paper is fine for what it is which is more than decent enough everyday copy paper, but i will not be one of the lemmings queuing up outside on a cold wet winter morning waiting for the shop to open thinking im getting a once in a lifetime deal ;)

The photo stuff is good for £5 and competes well with other more known brands which can cost twice as much for same amount of sheets :)