should i buy a brother laser printer?

harvon

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
looking
Hi everyone. I never had a laser printer before and I am thinking about getting a black and white one. I am looking for something that would readily accept cheap replacement 3rd party toners ($20 or under). However, as far as I know, toner is just one of the several components of a laser printer that need to be replaced depending on the printers (some needs imaging units etc..). I don't expect to print a lot, just that I feel laser printers nowadays would cost less per page than inkjets in the long run, and can print much faster.

Lots of people recommend Brothers as it looks like it has the cheapest off-brand toners. However, don't you need to buy drums also for a brother printer? So I guess I am looking for a black and white laser that would require inexpensive replaceable accessories. I guess around $20 for 2500 pages would that be reasonable?

Also one more question: I would like to connect to the printer wirelessly, however, right now I am using an xfinity hotspot so I guess a printer that uses wifi will not help. I think the only other solution is to use a bluetooth adapter. I was wondering if the printer itself must have some built-in bluetooth function or any printer would work with an adapter (I am using a macbook in case it matters).

Thank you so much for reading my question. Have a blessed day everyone!