1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Old School Featured Thread: CD & DVD storage?
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Shipping for Canadian folks

Discussion in 'Paper & Other Media' started by André, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Jan 3, 2019
    André

André Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma-Pro 100 (PC inks)
    Anyone have advice on reducing shipping costs from the US for papers. Specifically I’ve been looking at Red River Paper. I order their sample packs over the holidays and it came in at over 80$ CDN after taxes, exchange and shipping. Over a third of that was shipping costs. Just curious if anyone has any advice onhoe To reduce that? Or used any of the US based address services (at quick glance they don’t seem to be much better for Canada).

I have the feeling it’s just how it is and deal with it but curious if anyone has any advice out there.

Thanks so much.

2. Jan 3, 2019
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    Can you not source good quality Photo paper in Canadian in a camera shop or pop across the border and get some in the US yourself, it’s got to be cheaper than getting ripped off by the postal services..:hu

3. Jan 3, 2019
    André

André Getting Fingers Dirty

Printer Model:
    Canon Pixma-Pro 100 (PC inks)
    Yes of course there are options but Red River has so many amazing papers and sizes to choose from. I’m like a kid on Christmas when I visit their website ;)

Not to mention their prices are very good and is close after exchange and shipping so if I could lower that shipping cost it would be a great deal.

The Hat likes this.