sharing Canon ix6520 with pc and mac

dwolf

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My Canon ix6520 is hooked up to my pc.. Our wireless pc laptop has no problem printing as long as the desktop is on.. works great. The wife just got a mac laptop through school and yesterday after 2 + hours I never got it to print. I was going down the wrong path for awhile trying to configure the mac like the printer was actually hooked up to the router, which it is not and I don't believe it could be? So any ideas on how I can get the mac to print outside of physically plugging it in ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
dwolf said:
My Canon ix6520 is hooked up to my pc.. Our wireless pc laptop has no problem printing as long as the desktop is on.. works great. The wife just got a mac laptop through school and yesterday after 2 + hours I never got it to print. I was going down the wrong path for awhile trying to configure the mac like the printer was actually hooked up to the router, which it is not and I don't believe it could be? So any ideas on how I can get the mac to print outside of physically plugging it in ?
Youll have to setup the Mac and install the print drivers but by using the USB cable first,
then the Mac will be able to pick up the signal from the printers WI-FI
and you'll be cable free after that.. :)

dwolf

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
the printer does not have WI-FI