Service Mode for HP C309g-m ( Photosmart Premium )

LeoKesler

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi,

I found a hp community forum with a precious tip for get access to the service menu for this printer. Maybe it can help someone.

Link for the article Second message from page 4, user Dcnyrs .

1. Select "Return symbol, Home Symbol & Return symbol twice" symbols present to left of touch screen.
2. Wait for 30 seconds. You will receive "Support Menu".
3. Use Left or Right arrow to select "Resets Menu" and press OK.
4. Use left or Right arrow to select "Semi Full Reset" and press OK.

Note: You can find Home Symbol (Top), Arrow Symbol (Middle) and Return Symbol (Bottom) on the left side of the printer screen. They are not illuminated. Please observe keenly. Even though they are not illuminated, please press them as given in Step 1. Support Menu will appear on the printer screen.
Advanced Wireless Settings, ideally for change settings 802.11n Advanced Settings or setting the printer to B/G mode to avoid disconnects. Put a ?support=on in the end of printer address.

http://ip.of.printer/index.htm?cat=info&page=printerInfo?support=on

I dont have tested the reset option but I think it only return the printer for your original settings. No reset to page count ( mine is 582 ) and cartridge usage.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Did you try this? I tried both procedures, and neither worked. I didn't get a support menu, and the ?support=on switch gave only an error message.

You can reset all user-selected options to factory conditions, using the ordinary menu. You don't have to use any special menu to reset. I vaguely remember that there is some minor ink-related(?) problem that you can reset with this menu, but of course you then lose the network setup and other options.

LeoKesler

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yes, I have tried and I get the menu. Later I will get some pictures of the options, or at least, write out the options.

About the ?support=on switch, this is the picture:

iva3k9.jpg

Sorry for the big size of the image, but maybe this way you can see all the options available.

LeoKesler

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
I have no idea what you're doing. My page WITHOUT the "?support=on" switch looks virtually identical to your first screenshot. Even a lot of the settings are the same. The main differ that the 802.11n advanced settings are not shown because I'm not using 11n.

The address
http://192.168.1.102/index.htm?cat=info&page=printerInfo?support=on
just gets me an error message

"DEFAULT PAGE
If you see this page, the page you have requested is not found."

I have no idea what that switch is supposed to do, but it doesn't seem to do anything here and I get all the info without it. That guy's other procedure doesn't work either.

LeoKesler

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Some pictures of service menu. They look terrible, but my cam is not good.

I dont have used any of this options. I dont have a service manual to study and HP service probably will deny any assistance for my printer, because of excessive ink leak / not original cartridges.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Interesting. I can't get that. I have the C309a, not C309g. I would have thought they were identical, but the description of buttons doesn't seem to match. What does the "Return" symbol look like?

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Hold down *
Press #
1 2 3

Press right or left arrow to navigate through menus.
Press 'x' to back out of menus.