Newbie to Printing
- Oct 20, 2021
- Reaction score
- Printer Model
- Canon MG7550
4) Press this <Power> key again 5 times:
Correct.So at this point, the <Power> light is off and the <Alarm> light is on, which is not normal.
You should wait for the Power light to stop blinking before running the Service Tool.Indeed The <Power> light should have blinked and then stayed on.
Error code: 005
- The Service Tool doesn't detect the printer.
- The printer is not ready to accept commands from the Service Tool.
- Unplug the printer USB cable that goes to the computer then reconnect it to the computer on a different USB port.
- After the Service Mode entry procedure is complete, the Power LED will flash. When the Power LED is still blinking and the button in the Service Tool is pressed (the Service Tool sends a command to the printer), an error code: 005 will appear. The solution is after the Service mode entry procedure is complete, wait for the Power LED to stop blinking, then run the Service Tool.
Error: The indicator light flashes orange when entering Service Mode
Meaning: there is damage to Service Mode (Service Mode is damaged).
Cause: the user uses more than one different Service Tool, when entering Service Mode.
Example: Printer user is Canon G3000. After the printer enters Service Mode, to reset the user using Service Tool v.3400, but it fails. Then the user uses Service Tool v.4718 to reset, but it fails. This is the beginning of trouble. When the printer enters Service Mode, the user uses two different Service Tools, namely ST.3400 and ST.4718. Using two different Service Tools in Service Mode will result in damage to Service Mode. When the printer enters Service Mode, the user uses ST.3400 but fails. If the user wants to try with ST.4718, turn off the printer first, then repeat the procedure to enter Service Mode, then reset it with ST.4718.