Search function

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I seem to have problems with the search function - short keywords with 3 or less characters result in a error message

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common.

This makes it impossible to search for short entries like CLI-42 or similar.

And there were more than just one search engine available in the past - what happened ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
And there were more than just one search engine available in the past - what happened ?
Stratman would have been the man to go to for issues like that.. But alas he’s no longer with us.. Anyway I’ve never had any luck using the Search function.. Try @Nifty.. ! :hu

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The problem is not new. An advanced Google search that is limited to printerknowledge.com instead of searching the whole web might often be better. See this post.

Last edited:

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Unfortunately the company that we used for our additional search option and newsletter has closed-shop :(

We've got a pretty good solution for replacing the newsletter (relatively easy), but finding a search option that is better than current... is tricky.

... if only we had the funds of Google!!!

NOTE: If the build-in search feature is not working well-enough for your search, I've had pretty good success going to Google and typing a site-specific search like this:

site:www.printerknowledge.com what is the german refill method?

That will force Google to ONLY search this "site"