scanners, anyone?

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
Thanks, R, in fact I had a copy of VueScan some time ago. It got to be a bit too much for my brain! Maybe it's time to try it again.

Paul

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
I have an Epson Perfection V33 scanner that I think is similar to yours except for having no film scanning/transparency adapter lid.

Using Professional mode instead of Auto mode will give access to a lot of settings. Using a high resolution slows down the scan and using a low resolution speeds up the scan. On select scanner models you can select a speed priority mode which should speed up the scanning process.

If you click the + sign at "Image Type" 1, You can select speed priority scanning 2. On my scanner it seems to make no difference though, maybe my scanner is not one of the select mView attachment 14110odels?
Thanks, Peter, that's kind of what I expected but I don't know Danish very well.... !

Would you be so kind as to give me the English translations for red arrows 1 and 2? Thank you! I know I could print out that diagram and use that as a guide but let's face it I'm just plain lazy. There, I confess !

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I already translated the Danish words. "Billedtype" Translates to "Image Type" and "Scanning med hastighedsprioritet" translated to "Speed priority scanning"

I found the English terms in an English manual for my scanner, so I assume Epson uses the same terms for your scanner ( if the same functionality is available for your scanner)

The images are the same in the Danish and English manuals, only the image text is different.

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
I appreciated Peter's post showing the various parameters in Danish. It finally rang a bell for me, where have I seen that before? It doesn't recall for me a feature in Windows 11 but it does ring a bell in the scanner (Epson 4490) software I have. I had thought that software came with Windows 11 but that was not the case. I've seen mention of it on line, perhaps this thread, that this software is downloadable separately free of charge from Epson and will fit right in with Windows.

Maybe I already have it but don't realize it. I have a genius in me for making simple issues more complicated.

Do I make sense? I'm trying to learn how to write technical material more clearly.

Last edited:

Latest posts