Samsung ML-2010, replace, remanufactured, refill?

aman74

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi there,

It's time for me to refill or replace my toner. I have the original "starter" cartridge.

Is this the same cartridge as the one that offers more copies and just has less toner in it?

Are there starter, regular and high yield? Or is the regular considered high yield?

Can I just refill the starter or do I have to buy another cartridge and then plan on refilling that?

How many times can cartridges, remanufactured, generic, or OEM be refilled?

What about the issue with the fuse, getting an error and resetting print count and all that. I'm not sure if I need to do this before it actually runs out or wait til after or if it's even a concern.

Thanks much for the help, I wish this was a straightforward process, but usually when trying to save money things get complicated.

Forsurchi

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Aman74

This one is quite tricky. the Samsun ML-2010 cartridge may or may not need a fuse. I've heard both storied, people needing the fuse, and others not needing anything at all. Refilling it is quite simple, since all you have to do is remove the cap located on the side of the cartridge, then poping out the plug. But if your cartridges does need the fuse replace, just buy it to be on the safe side. You can usually find the fuse for your printer for $1-2 bucks (depending on where you look).

One thing to remember though when refilling any toner cartridge, remove the old toner or use it up. Makes more sense to use it up. Just remove the cartridge, shake it and put it back in the printer for a few more fresh copies. You can usually keep doing this till all the toner is depleted. Try not to mix up the toner, the compatible toner is formulated differently and could cause some bad prints for the first 20-70 pages (depending on the cartridge). So the less you mix, the easier the transition for your cartridge.

Cartridges aren't really gauranteed to work after the first refill. The drum can go bad right at the start, or the Dr. blade could get worn out of shape if the cartridge is overfilled. But usually you can refill a cartridge 2-3 times before you notice problems. Also remember, the toner doesn't cause a cartridge to go bad, its usually user error, or worn cartridge.

Hope this helps.

aman74

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the help.

Is there a place you recommend for the refill toner?

A place to get the cartridge if I need a new one?

Are you familiar with this model? I need to know what kind of fuse and maybe a guide on how to do this.

I have the starter cartridge, is that ok?

Thanks!

Anthony

ram6

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
i have refill that ml1210 toner that is fuse is trick only for factory,try to see the fused if blow ..if no try to refill i guarantee u ..u can save hundred of dollars.. good luck ..

tony uk

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The fuse on the ML2010 is for registration purposes no fuse and it will not register and therefore not print, I agree that emptying out the cart is a must as the samsungs carts even those with a waste hopper container like the 2010 recycle there toner and you can find dead toner in the toner hopper as well.