Samsung CLP 300 color

thetheway

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
A local store has a few Samsung CLP laser color printers for $195.

Before putting up any hard earned money any infomation would be appreciated, good, bad or problems.

ltsang

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying a color laser printer too, but the one samsung CLP I looked up (floor sample), I saw color powder leaking from the little round cartridges, so I gave it up. Also being so small a cartridge, I don't know how does it compares with the regular size and whether it can be refilled easily as toner is a major operating cost, not the price of the printer.
Another laser printer I am considering is the HP1600 which sells for C$190 which includes 4 introductory cartridges which claims to print 1500 pages whereas the HP2600 has 4 regular toners that prints over 2000 pages and cost $260. The sales person said the 2600 is a better deal since each cartridge cost over $100. I am more incline towards these. Still thinking.

ltsang

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I think it is the Samsung CLP 300, the one they claimed to be the smallest color laser printer.

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I like this model for it's cheap laser toner cartridges (especially compatibles). Never don't have any experience refilling them myself though.
I mainly print cd/dvd covers and I'm happy with CLP-300N.

ltsang

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I am still looking between the Samsung CLP 300 and the HP1600. Both are in the same price range but the hp comes with a introductory cartridge that claims of 1500 pages, how many pages does the Samsung clp 300 prints with the supplied cartridge? I always fill my toner cartridge and the saving is very significant. I know the hp needs a new chip when refiling and the Samsung don't have a chip with it's cartridge. I filled the Samsung 2010 cartridge and found the process is a piece of cake. Any body can do the refill if they were told. But to fill an hp toner is much more difficult. so each has its pros and cons. Another point to look into is that each hp color cartridge cost close to $100 each so each set of cmyk would cost over $400. How much does a new set of Samsung cartridges cost? and how many pages does each cartridge prints? How easy is its cartridge being refilled? My cost for each HP cartridge refill should be around $15 compared with $100 (not including the new chip) , see the difference?