Same Ink different printers? both hp's

darnellbarber

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have an hp7210 and an hp2210 are the color inks the same? More details below.

Hello, I have an HP Officejet 7210 all in one and an hp2210. I have been ordering ink by the truckload from inksell due to help on this board about 5 months ago THANK YOU! :)

I noticed today just by happenstance that the black ink (which I buy in the large quart sized containers) have the same number for black ink. They are the same inks...

Riddle me this are the color inks the same also? If so then it would be a BIG help I could buy the bulk ink for colors and use the same on each printer... 3 printers in total 2 (of the 2210) and one 7210

Thank You for any help you can give

Darnell

ltsang

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi darnellbarber.
I think the 7210 uses cartridges 94 for black and 95 for the three colors. I have filled the the 94 and 95s using ink for the hp56 and 57s and I see no difference in them. I don't understand why HP have to confuse the consumers by so many different numbers, and one cartridge although same shape, same circuit cannot be used on other hp printers. They claim the new printers have better quality, smaller ink drops, I can understand, but can they use a common cartridge for all the current models instead of all the different models. Like what is the difference from a 21 and a 94 and a 334? None except to suck up some more profits. As they say the 7210 is an office jet, how many people care whether the inkdrop is 2 pl or 5pl, can they see the difference for their office work? Its for the professionals who really fussy about details of their photos and I think most people use the printer for daily office jobs print on ordinary papers, one would not see the difference.
In case you have doubt, why not try the ink on one cartridge and see if it works. Your max risk is one cartridge but if it works you will have a lot of inks for further refills, good luck.

darnellbarber

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank You VERY much. I suppose my only concern (still being new to the refill world) was that it would somehow mess up the printer. Now, that I think it through kind of silly to think....

Ahhh, I live in a hectic house 3 kids and a dog smile. Sometimes, the thought process is blurred. :)

Thank You again