Salvaging Canon Pixma Pro-100 - which parts to keep?

Printguy

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
The printer is practically new, yet pretty much dead and out of warranty. I got another working one, the same model. Want to get rid of the dead one, although I would like to know which parts are worth saving. The carts, the printhead, what else?

Thanks!

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
If the printer is dead because of a mechanical problem but the logic board is OK. maybe it's worth to remove the board and save it, and the power supply as well.

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
If you're mucking around in the mess of pulling the purge unit then might as well grab the waste ink diaper pads. Wash them and store in a ziplock bag for the day your waste ink counter needs a second resetting.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
If you're mucking around in the mess of pulling the purge unit then might as well grab the waste ink diaper pads. Wash them and store in a ziplock bag for the day your waste ink counter needs a second resetting.

Yes, as the failed printer had only done 50 prints or less, the absorbers will be almost as new. Why didn't I think of that?

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Apart from salvaging useful parts, another service that this dead Pro-100 can do for @Printguy is to serve as a guinea-pig to learn how to disassemble and reassemble it without damaging anything. Given the case, this knowledge would be useful for dealing with his newer Pro-100

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
to learn how to disassemble and reassemble it without damaging anything. Given the case, this knowledge would be useful for dealing with his newer Pro-100
If he’s going that far then why not take photos as he goes along..
Might even find out if there’s a battery on board…

Printguy

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
Apart from salvaging useful parts, another service that this dead Pro-100 can do for @Printguy is to serve as a guinea-pig to learn how to disassemble and reassemble it without damaging anything. Given the case, this knowledge would be useful for dealing with his newer Pro-100

That's the main problem for me at this point--to know how to take it apart :) Could not find any info online.

Latest posts