Resetting the Samsung-ml1860

Bertz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Sir,

I have a couple of Samsung ML-1660 and ML-1640 printer. I successfully updated the firmware of both models so that these will accommodate the use of refills. Unfortunately these models are for pasted-out already and I still need to add more of these model. So I will need to buy the new ML-1860.

Among the new Samsung printers, The Samsung ML-1860 is an ideal upgrade path for the ML-1660. the cartridge used is the MLT-104s

Can anybody there tell me how to reset the ML-1860 please?

tnx,
-bert

samurusawyer

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
* 1 Turn off your computer. This keeps the computer from registering any errors during the process and protects the entire system from surges.

* 2 Turn off and unplug the printer.

* 3 Wait at least one minute. This is necessary because just turning it off and on or immediately plugging it back in will not clear data from its memory. Two or three minutes is better.

* 4 Plug the printer back in and turn it and your computer back on. The memory should be reset.

Bertz

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am in need of copy of firmware of the ML-1860 that will enable the printer to accept refills.

Is there anybody there who can share this firmware ?

Thanks.

slocumeddie

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Looks like a smart chip(and toner kit) is available from inkOwl..........they advertise on this forum..........link is at top of the page. :frow

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TheTonerGuy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommending my site Slocumeddie. Yes, Inkowl carries all the SAMSUNG chips and kits. However, we recommend that you never accept firmware updates from SAMSUNG because they only serve to disable aftermarket chips.

I am EXTREMELY interested in what Bertz is suggesting. Has anyone heard of modified Samsung firmware that could enable people to print without changing the chips?

SAMSUNG has gone to extremes to prevent people from copying their chips. These chips uses triple encryption and variable frequency techniques to make it extremely difficult to copy. I do not claim to know how it works, nor do I know the details. However, I do know that it took a long time for these chips to hit the market and when they finally became available, SAMSUNG changed the firmware (with online upgrades) to make the chips useless. Furthermore, people who tried to roll back the firmware were unsuccessful. Once you update the printer firmware, that's it. There is no going back.

Since then it's a cat and mouse game. SAMSUNG changes the firmware and the Aftermarket Chip makers adapt. This why we buy chips just-in-time, every week, to ensure that we always have the latest revision.

Therefore, more reasons why a modified SAMSUNG printer firmware that would allow refilling would be totally wonderful.

If anyone has heard anything, please share with the community.

Thanks
TheTonerGuy