Resetting IP1000 waste ink warning

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Hello guys!

Can anyone tell me how to reset the IP1000's waste ink warning? From searching, I found out that I can use my printer by:
1. Turn off printer, unplug
2. Open door, hold power button
3. Plug printer
4. Close door, release power button

However, it seems that everytime I turn on my printer, I have to do the above steps all over again. Is there a way around this?

Also, has anyone taken an IP1000 apart to clean the waste ink sponge? I tried opening it up, but doing it myself without instructions is only begging for trouble.

Thanks in advance!

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I have seen this procedure in various forums.
It seems to be different from yours.

4 step to Reset waste ink tank counter CANON PIXMA iP 1000
STEP 1:- Disconnect printer from AC power
STEP 2:- Press and HOLD the POWER button, and connect printer to AC power
STEP 3:- release the the POWER button
STEP 4:- Press the POWER button again

any references I see to replacing the waste tank liner are vague when it comes to taking the printer apart.

alexandereci said:
Hello guys!

Can anyone tell me how to reset the IP1000's waste ink warning? From searching, I found out that I can use my printer by:
1. Turn off printer, unplug
2. Open door, hold power button
3. Plug printer
4. Close door, release power button

However, it seems that everytime I turn on my printer, I have to do the above steps all over again. Is there a way around this?

Also, has anyone taken an IP1000 apart to clean the waste ink sponge? I tried opening it up, but doing it myself without instructions is only begging for trouble.

Thanks in advance!

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Your procedure differs from mine only in the fact that you don't suggest opening the printer door/cover. Both procedures seem to work on resetting the printer.

However, I still get the waste tank full warning everytime I use the printer for the first time after rebooting the PC. Is there a way to competely avoid this? There was a thread that recommended downloading a certain program (iP1000 Service Tool.zip), but that link seems to be broken.

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Here's another go around:

Canon PIXMA iP1000
Waste Ink Counter Reset Manual for Service mode

1. Turn off the printer. And disconnect the printer cable.
2. Press and hold the POWER button, turn on the printer.
3. The indicator (L.E.D.) should be green.
4. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator (L.E.D.) should be orange.
5. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator (L.E.D.) should be green.
6. Release both buttons.

http://www.cyber-ink.com/member-canon.html

alexandereci said:
Your procedure differs from mine only in the fact that you don't suggest opening the printer door/cover. Both procedures seem to work on resetting the printer.

However, I still get the waste tank full warning everytime I use the printer for the first time after rebooting the PC. Is there a way to competely avoid this? There was a thread that recommended downloading a certain program (iP1000 Service Tool.zip), but that link seems to be broken.

alexandereci

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Here's another go around:

Canon PIXMA iP1000
Waste Ink Counter Reset Manual for Service mode

1. Turn off the printer. And disconnect the printer cable.
2. Press and hold the POWER button, turn on the printer.
3. The indicator (L.E.D.) should be green.
4. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator (L.E.D.) should be orange.
5. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator (L.E.D.) should be green.
6. Release both buttons.
This process is confusing. When I turn on the printer, the LED is green, but then shifts to orange-green-orange-green. It does not change color to orange only or green only as the instructions seem to point out.

However, these fixes seem to be only temporary. After PC reboot, I always have to reset the waste ink counter. Is there any permanent way so that I don't have to do this everyday?