Reset cli-8 not showing empty !

martop

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply,

To me that tank looks empty but as you say it may not be empty to the sensor, now that means canon have left it till the last moment to tell you to replace the cart. It also means its useless for detecting a leaking tank, blowing my theory out of the window.

Anyway, I stored the new carts and have refilled the reset ones that where low on ink, left them for a few minutes to rest and topped them up again, I will just wait till they show a decrease in ink level as I happily print away. Looks like I have one refill left of the ink that came with the redsetter, I ordered some more from hobbicolours but that wont be here untill the end of next week so I may have to use the new carts I just stored anyway.

Thanks again for all the replies and help, very helpfull.

martop

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
If you taped over the top fill hole it may not be a perfect seal once the cart is installed.

I suggest sealing with a glue gun or self tap screw with a rubber washer.

martop

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
So far I've not used the top fill method as I have been using the german method, even then I tape over the tiny hole I made for a 22 gauge needle, so far I've not lost a drop from the cart, except when filling a dry washed one that made a little mess.

This gets even stranger as one of my friends had a problem similar to mine only a few days ago, same model printer but he only used oem carts, never refilled or reset ( he never heard of it till I mentioned it ) one of his carts showed as full but was in fact empty. he says he contacted canon uk who told him to replace the cart as it may be faulty, when he asked if it would damage the printer he was told ' no it wont, just replace the cart' from what I gather he told them he already replaced the cart but was worried if it ran empty would it damage the printer again he was told not to worry it wont however it happens again call canon as it may be a fault. Reason he was worried is the canon replaced an epson that had a dead print head and cost too much to repair. This came to light as he called to ask if I had a few printable disks.

This together with my discovery things piont towards this optical sensor not working in the ip4300.

I cant call canon for their advice to confirm this as I've reset my carts though not de-acvtivated the warnings and am not convincing enough to lie about using only oem carts but from what I have read it is possible to destroy a print head by running it dry even though it has a cut out if the print head becomes to hot, this delay is supposed to be in the form of a print delay.