Replacement suggestions for my old, but compact and lightening fast EPSON WF-3010DW

peterkronenberg

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF 3010DW
My Epson WF-3010DW has been wonderful. Not only is it lightening fast, but also relatively small, has printed tens of thousands of pages if not in the hundred thousands, without having spent more than 50-60$/€ in total (in third party inks) in these last 6 years, that I never even bother to restrain from printing in color. Considering the printer cost of +-100$, it has paid itself over and over again.
However lastly, the print heads clog from time to time, I already disassembled them, cleaned them, purged them, soaked them, but the result isn't the one I expected over the last year.
So I wanted to buy exactly the same printer but I couldn't find any seller that still has a new WF-3010dw... And I can't find a true printer anymore, they are always very large, multifunctional machines...
Thus, I need a new printer, that prints fast and can handle thousands pages without straining (doesn't need to be the 30+ ppm of the WF3010), is capable of automatic duplex, and where I can use cheap third party inks. I read something about Epson Ecotanks or so, that can be filled directly and lower ink costs.
And call me old-fashioned, but if it is a true printer, and not an all-in-one scanner-copier, multi-functional monster or whatever, that would be even better.
So, has anyone any suggestions?
Many thanks.
Peter