Replacement for Epson 113 Ink

avantime

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-7715
Hi everyone, I'm really banging my head against the wall here.
Bought a ET-16650, and it uses 113 ink, which in the country that I'm currently in is hard to get (Portugal).

What would be a good alternative non-OEM ink to replace the Epson 113? I've been really searching high and low and can't find any solutions...

Many thanks for the help in advance!

P.S. ( Regarding the printer, it has been performing well for most cases; the exception is that picture printing is horrible, the black pigment ink creates circles in my glossy picture paper as it drops, and black areas are not as defined as would normally be). Speed is good and reliability from 2 days of use also good.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The ET16650 uses a 4 color pigment inkset which should be comparable to the Durabrite inks as for cartridge type printers. The black ink is not used for prints on glossy papers, black is mixed with C and M which is increasing the ink amount which may explain your problems - you are using a glossy paper which cannot handle that much ink. You should test other paper types, did you do some test with the sample paper pack with an Epson paper which most likely came with the printer ?

Can't you buy the inks from another EU country ?

You may look as well for 3rd party refill inks substituting the Durabrite pigment inks in printers like the WF2010W using the type 16 cartridges

X-File

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson ET-16500
> Bought a ET-16650, and it uses 113 ink, which in the country that I'm currently in is hard to get (Portugal).

Hi there,

if you have an Amazon account in Portugal you can buy in other European countries without tax - check the prices and availability in Spain, Germany, etc.
Many US products that are not available in DE were available in the UK so I ordered it there (before the Brexit came...)

Latest posts